Saturday 24 March 2018

Journey To A 64 Meter (210 ft) Long Mysterious Grave

Grave of Hazrat Qanbeet Ibn Adam (A.S)

The place which I have for today's blog is neither a Fort or Mughal era structure nor a place people visit on their holidays. This place is a Tomb or you can say Mausoleum of Qanbeet Son of Adam (Peace be upon him). Now you people are thinking which Adam? Some ordinary Man or a Saint. But No, this is "The Adam" Yes the First Human being on Earth. Well, I was surprised to hear that too and I personally wanted to visit the place and see with my own eyes. So, today I have a story of my journey to a mysterious Tomb. 
(In short, I live in Lahore for study and work purposes but my hometown is Gujranwala which is located 64 Km away from Lahore). So, yesterday in the early morning when I was coming back home from Lahore I received a phone call from my Father and he asked that we have a plan to visit Islamabad today. Can you come? It was a surprise and I was very excited. I told him that I am on my way and will be home soon. He said, that is good. See you than.
When I reached home I was told by my Mother that the plan for Islamabad was cancelled and now we are going to visit Mangla Lake. I was like Whhhhaaattttttttttttttt?????? This was another surprise for me and I was more excited to visit Lake because I have seen it a long time ago and wanted to see it again (For your reference both Islamabad and Mangla Lake are worth watching places and will write about these places in coming blogs. I am Just sharing pictures of these places so that you can understand the reason of my excitement)

Islamabad

Mangla Lake

Now come back to the story, as I was telling that plan for Islamabad changed and now we started our journey for the lake. On the half way to the lake my Father changed the plan, we take a single turn and now we are moving to a complete different place. This was the third surprise for me in that single day. Surprise plans like this runs in our family. Father told us about the place. I already heard about that before but never saw it before so again I was excited for the place. The place itself was not a fairy meadow or a eye catching sight. It was a village with the name of "Barela Sharif" near to the city of Gujrat where a 210 ft long grave is present which is referred as the grave of Qanbeet Ibn Adam (Peace be upon him).

Barela Sharif

Although by name Qanbeet (Peace be upon him) is not mentioned in the Holy Quran or Hadith. After some research I found a reference of this place and grave in a book "Gujrat Tareekh k Aainay Mai" (Gujrat in the mirror of History). There was a lot of  information about not only this grave but also graves of other Prophets in Pakistan. According to the book, the grave was first discovered by Hafiz Shams-ud-din Galyanwi, who once during his journey stayed in Barela Sharif. During his stay here he said to his followers that he can smell a strange fragrance from the woodland indeed there is a grave of a Prophet. Than he discovered the grave almost 220 yards from the village. He discovered the name through "Ilm e Kashf ul Qaboor" (A way of getting in touch with the people of the grave). Hafiz Shams was a Waliullah of his time. In his writings he said "why would I need to lie about this place". People who later came than build a structure around the grave.

Inside the Mausoleum there is 210 ft long grave covered with pieces of cloths on which different Verses from Quran were written. The floor and the structure was covered with white marble and at the center of the building there was a dome with mirror work. Along the side of a mausoleum there was also other graves of Saints and Martyr and a mosque "Mosque of martyrs". named after the Martyrs of 1965 War between India and Pakistan who stayed and fight from this place.
One thing which I feel too was the peace of this place. Whole place was so peaceful and comfy. Light and cool breeze was blowing all over the place. Other than this at some distance from the Tomb there is a wonderful neat and clean place where free rooms for night stay and meal is served three times a day. There were no charges for anything not even parking charges. Taking pictures was not allowed at this specific place and there were security cameras all over the place. So, I was unable to take any pictures. We came back near the sunset.
It was a nice and different experience. I personally can not reach to a point about the authenticity of this place. 
Allah knows best.

Please share your memories & videos about this awesome place and inform me about your suggestions at wonderlustpak@gmail.com

                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Story of the City of Lights

  KARACHI (The City of Lights) Karachi, the city of lights, home to a diversely cultural society is the economic hub of Pakistan. The larges...